Sunday, April 30, 2006

Internet Problems...

We wanted to post our Secret Paws pictures this weekend, but we am havin' internet problems. We were hopin' it would work better today, but it's not. We had trouble just gettin' onto Blogger, and we don't know if this post is even goin' to work. Hopefully we'll get our pictures up sometime this week.

Strider: Mom & Dad gotted rid of the drippy faucet, and I don't like the new one. Mom tried to make it kinda drippy for me, but it's not the same... Also, I heard her tellin' Dad that my v-e-t visit is gonna be next Saturday. I'm gonna have to try harder to escape! The beans have been extra careful since my last adventure, so I haven't gotted to go outside again.

Smeagol: Do any of you kitties effur take medicines before you go to the v-e-t? I don't haves to go until next year (unless I haves a problem - I hope I don't!) but my Grandma was wonderin' if there was somethin' I could take to keep me from bein' so upset. The v-e-t said it am too stressful on me when I go, so I don't haves to go yearly, just when I need shots or if there's a problem. Mom's gonna ask the v-e-t about it when Strider goes, but I was just wonderin' if anycat (or their beans) had any 'sperience with somethin' like that. (I get REALLY upset; it's not that I just don't like goin'. Our v-e-t did say once that there am a kitty who goes there who has to get sedated by gas while he's still in his crate; I'm almost that bad.)

Well, we're gonna try postin' this. We hopes you're all havin' nice weather and good days!

11 Comments:

Blogger Fat Eric said...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Blogger, it is often temperamental for us as well, we just keep trying until it works, usually. Also, sorry to hear you get so freaked out going to the v-e-t, Smeagol. I don't like it either, but for different reasons. I don't mind the v-e-t so much, it's just that I hate being in my carrier. So when we are sitting in the waiting room, I make so much noise I usually get to jump the queue!! Then as soon as I get let out of the carrier on the v-e-t's table I am quiet and good. Last time my mum was talking to the v-e-t for a long time and I fell asleep on the table, the v-e-t said I was one of his most laid-back customers! Of course as soon as I get put back in the carrier I start screaming again until we get home...

5:21 PM  
Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

Tink (the kitty that came way before us) had to have train-kill-eye-zers to go to the V-E-T. Our momma bought us some herbal kitty relaxant for when we moved to Colorado. We didn't need it tho. She boughteded it at PetCo or Petsmart. You could try that.

7:33 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Scooter (a cat that came before us) also had to have train-kill-eye-zers when he wented to the v-e-t. Mommy says that one time when didn't have them, he was so ascared that he tore up the arm of the nice attendant, and she hadded to get stitches.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

My mama's first cat in Minnesota had to take tranquilizers just to put up with my older sister Sasha! So there probly is something to take for the ride to the vet. Mama can't remember what she gave Suki, but she remembered she got the perscription thing filled at a bean drug store, and they paged Suki when it was ready.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

While I am not a fan of the Vet's office, I calm down once I'm in the room. As long as I can walk around, sniff and explore, I'm okay. My mom sure complains about my "power shedding" when she has to hold me in the room, though!

Power shedding keeps my coat shiny and luxurious!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

my Mom used to have a kitty who needed to take a little pill before going to the vet doctor. your Mom could probly get some before your next visit. they're not real strong they just "take the edge off."

10:32 AM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

oh, i forgot to say this too. our vet used to come to our house for that kitty who got real freaked out. maybe you could find a vet that makes house calls.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like that and I have pills to take. You can also get stuff at PetSmart and PetCo for calming. Mom also sprays nip spray all over my carrier, and puts some nip toys in my carrier, before going. She says that seems to help. And yes, they often have to sedate me while there. I will have mom check what I take and have her contact your mom.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

You could be like Psychokitty Max & just poop all over everyone & everything!

10:48 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Wow and we thought Merlin was bad. He bites and scratches. It says so in big black letters on his chart. ~Shadow, and Ko Ko

3:48 AM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Before popping pills, get some Feliway spray and spray it in the corners of the carrier before loading. It's natural feline pherimones (pheline ferimones?) that help calm cats in stressful situations. My beans spray it around the house in a silly attempt to get me to be nicer to Victor.
I fuss all the way from home to the v*e*t, then I'm silent all the way back home again. My vet is nice and quick, so I don't mind too much. But last time, I growled when she listened to my heart and hissed when she wanted to look at my teeth. So, there.
Oh, Feliway is available at most pet stores and online. A little expensive. Also supposed to help with behaviors like spraying and scratching the furniture. Duh, it's fur-niture, right?

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home