Saturday, October 13, 2007

Strider's Big Adventure

The other night when Mom and Dad came home, Strider shot out the front door as soon as it opened. (We don't go outside at all, unless we sneak out.) Mom dropped all her stuff and tried to catch him, but he was too fast, so she ran back inside, got our treats and a flashlight and went back out. There are lotsa trees right next to our house, but there's also a bad road. Guess which way Strider headed? Yep, right to the sidewalk next to the road. In the meantime, Dad was lookin' for another flashlight and not havin' much luck. Okay, that's all I saw, so I'm gonna let Strider take over...

Even though Mom and Dad know to be careful 'cause I like to sneak out, I saw my chance and I took it!! It's been a long time since I've been outside, and I've been smellin' the nice outside smells all summer, so I just couldn't help myself. Mom was tryin' to get me to come to her by offerin' treats, but we get treats every day, so I wasn't interested in them at all. Plus, me runnin' and Mom chasin' me was too much fun, so efurrytime I let her get about two feet away from me, I'd run off again. Once, she turned around and said she was goin' home and started to walk away, but I didn't fall for that trick!! I just ran into the woods where she really couldn't see me. That bell on my collar, though, that was the giveaway. She could hear it, so she could kinda tell where I was. She came into the woods and tried to get me to go away from the road and back toward our house, but I wasn't done explorin' yet (these are the same woods that I lived in when I was homeless, before I found Mom and Dad, so I know my way around).

There's a big parking lot on the other side of the woods, so I thought it would be fun to run around there for awhile, too. Mom came crashin' out of the trees after me, and I just kept playin' my game of lettin' her get close then takin' off again. After awhile, though, I noticed that Mom didn't seem to be enjoyin' the game as much as I was, and the next time she got close, I saw that she was cryin'. I decided to let her catch me, so I pretended that I didn't hear her sneakin' up on me. She grabbed me and carried me home, and I purred all the way!!

23 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, you guys have been missing for awhile. Strider, please be careful when you go outside. It can be dangerous and scary out there. I hope you had fun, though.

9:35 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh Strider that was not a nice thing to do to yer Momm. You know the 'beans get so emotional ~The FLuffy Tribe

9:49 PM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Oh my goodness! You shouldn't go outside Strider!!!! Never!!! It is way too dangerous and too many BAD things can happen. We aren't allowed out at all either.

Thank you so much for your purrs and purrayers for our Dorfie and Reno. Reno is doing much better, and Dorfie is coping.

Luf, Us

9:16 AM  
Blogger Parker said...

My Mommy would have been crying too! DON"T DO THAT!!! There are terrible things outside!
Stay in!!!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kavan said...

I would feel really bad if I made Mom cry! Hmm..actually, she was cryin this morning after she dropped me off at the V-E-T.

But I'm home now. Thanks so much fo the purrs. The V-E-T didn't find the feather, so we are assuming it passed "naturally" and maybe something that was on it gave me an upset tummy. But I came home with some yuccky medicine because of it!

Kavan

6:13 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Strider, adventures are fun, but it isn't nice if you make your mum cry. Be careful out there.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Boy said...

What an adventure!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Rascal said...

Strider, what a great adventure! Very exciting to read. Sounds like you had a lot of fun, and it was very kind of you to let your mom catch you.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

I'm glad you had an adventure,but even nore glad you let yer Mom catch you.It is scary outside and it makes yer Mom nervous.Better stay indoors ;)

9:12 AM  
Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Please don't do this to your beans! I am an outdoor cat so I know about the dangers and can protect myself, and I still have to come in at night. But you have NO IDEA how dangerous it can be out there!!! Anastasia was an outdoor cat too and she still got killed! So please, stay home!!! Maybe your humans can build you a little screen porch on a window so you can enjoy the smells and sounds? But don't sneak out, toooooo dangerous!
Your concerned friend Karl

7:49 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

awww Strider, it's a good thing you let her catch you - i doesn't like it when my mommy cries like that.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Just droppin' by to say HI,how are ya doin'
Purrs,Mickey

10:58 PM  
Blogger Icon Baxter Bentley said...

ok precious, try not to let strider do that again. running outside is fun, but only for a few minutes.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

You ... are ... NUTS! Don't go runnin' out of the house! You could get squished an' your momma would be so sad! Promise not to do that EFFUR again!
DMM

8:23 PM  
Blogger Tiger Lily said...

I don't know what to say Strider. We're so much safer in the house. But ... I like to sneak out too. Our Moms do worry a lot about it!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Sassy Kat said...

Hey stay in the house, it is much safer, especially with all of the spooky Halloween stuff. Happy Halloween to all.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Glad you liked my T13. It's nice to know there are so many black cats. It was ahrd to narrow it down!!!!I may be biased,but I like black,heehee
Purrs Mickey

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

oh what a terrifying tale! i'm so glad you let your mommy catch you. we loves you guys to much to see you get hurt.

hey, i hope you can come to brandi's party on Saturday. one of the things were are celybrating is our one year anniversary as a couple. yup, it was at your party last year that we hooked up.

i hope to see you there!!

take care and stay inside! it is safer, warmer, dryer and the food is there.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sassy Kat said...

Hey, stopping in today real quick to remind you of Opus & Roscoe's pizza party today. Don't forget to drop by. Also surprise from me to all, my picture is posted!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Just stopping by (Nov 11) to say Hi and hope you are all doing well
Purrs

7:19 PM  
Blogger Boy said...

You are invited to come over for mine 14th purrthday party! Come have a wook at the invitation at mine bwoggy!

12:18 PM  
Blogger muffinmidi said...

You have to be careful outside. There are alot of evil people and metal machines out there. I know it's fun to explore, but you have to be careful.

3:11 PM  
Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

My dearest friends! Where are you? I am worried for you. I hope you do not think me too ungracious of a kitty for taking such a long time to return your visit. You can only imagine how happy I was to see you come cheer me on while I was so very sick. Mommy was heartbroken and thought for sure I would not regain any of my spirit and was prepared for the worst. But I was worth a small miracle. With your purrrayers and some good medicine, I have regained my strength day by day. Mommy would not have made it through her worries about me without your comfort. Each night we keep you in our prayers and wish you endless Blessings this Thanksgiving season.
Love and hugs from our house to yours, Miss Peach and the mommy

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home