Monday, August 06, 2007

Ambushed

First, we want to thank efurryone for all of the kindness shown for our Uncle Rocky and Grandma and Granddad (and Mom and Dad too). Mom and Dad had to go out of town unexpectedly, so Mom hasn't had a chance to scan pictures of Rocky, but she purromises she will, it just won't be as soon as we hoped. Grandma and Granddad are doin' okay, they're tryin' to keep busy. It must have somethin' to do with the name, 'cause Grandma said Rocky was the CEO of the house, he kept efurryone on a schedule and made sure they stuck to it!!

Now, on to our ambush story... We hadn't heard any mention of the v-e-t and suddenly we were both scooped up and put in our carriers. We thought we were goin' on a trip or somethin', 'cause we've never gone to the v-e-t together, EVER. Mom and Dad decided to try it this way 'cause they thought it might keep Smeagol a little calmer, which it did until the v-e-t's helper came into the room. (Usually he starts growlin' and hissin' in the waitin' room). Then he started walkin' around the room hissin' at random things!!

I (Strider) let them weigh me and check me out while Smeagol sat under the chair Dad was in. I wanted to show him that it's not so bad if you just let them get it all over with really quick, 'cause I don't really mind goin'. 'Course I didn't have to get stabbed this time... Then it was Smeagol's turn, and I couldn't believe that was MY brofur makin' so much noise!! I went back into my crate, and since they had closed Smeagol's, he came runnin' over to mine and squished me to the back so he could get in too!! Now, my crate is a comfortable size for me (I weigh 9.5 pounds), but it's NOT big enough for us both, 'specially since Smeagol weighs 16.9 pounds!! And it can't be taken apart anymore 'cause a piece of it broke, so now it's permanently attached. So, the beans had to try to dump Smeagol out, which took awhile, and they didn't want to pull him out, since he was tryin' to bite them.

Finally, they got him up on the table (he was wrapped in a towel at this point) and managed to stab him once, but then he really freaked out, so they had to get the fish net out. I'd never seen that before, 'cause I'm always so good, but Smeagol recognized it from the last time he was there (3 years ago). They wrapped him up in it and then were able to stab him with his other shot. There was no way the v-e-t was gonna get to examine him, so they unwrapped him and while they were doin' that, he PEED!! The whole time, I was tryin' to tell him it was okay and to calm down, but he wouldn't listen to me.

When we went out to where the beans pay, Petey, the resident Sphynx came over to see us and to ask what the heck was goin' on in there!! He talked to us for awhile and helped me try to calm Smeagol down, and Mom got to pet him lots. (We think she would have liked to bring him home with us). We told him 'bout our furriend Dragonheart, too!

We have a question, though. Mom had noticed some small spots or somethin' on my eyes, so she asked the v-e-t 'bout them, and she said they looked like cholesterol deposits. They don't hurt or bother me, and I can still see just fine, but the v-e-t was gonna give Mom some info 'bout it until Smeagol distracted efurryone. Do any of you or your beans know anything 'bout it? Mom's gonna get back in touch with the v-e-t, but we thought we'd ask our furriends, too.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your vet visit wasn't fun. I do the same thing with my two cats - one goes whether he needs to or not to keep the other company.

Your mom might want to check out this article:

http://www.veterinaryvision.com/public_forum/ulcer.htm

The 3rd paragraph contains the info on cholesterol deposits.

Tara (not the cat)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Icon Baxter Bentley said...

wow, that sounds like the vet's office was a fiasco!! I have not heard about cholesterol deposits, but Kitty has developed some brown pigment on his eyelids and gums over the years.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I never heard of cholesterol deposits before, either. I am glad that they are not anything bad.

Poor Smeagol! I wish he did not get so scairt. Strider, you are brave.

12:14 PM  
Blogger muffinmidi said...

Sorry you both had such trouble at the vets. I don't get scared, but sometimes I like to embarrass Mommy and make the vet work for his money. I refuse to come out of my carrier, squirm alot, and once even peed on the steel table (it was
cold).HeeHee

9:53 PM  
Blogger Boy said...

Oh man! Smeagol is....POWER!
Can I bowwow him when I need to go to the shooty person's pwace? Because then they might forget to shoot me.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Parker said...

Hoo Boy! Now that was a vet visit! I like going to the vet, I flirt with them - unless they steal my blood, then I just get sad. I don't know anything about deposits, sorry!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

going to the V.E.T. is traumatic but it's worth it to stay well and healthy. FAZ

7:37 AM  
Blogger Rascal said...

Hmmm. 16.9 pounds, huh? There is definitely a conspiracy going on. My 17.25 pounds is just fine as far as I'm concerned. I agree with Smeagol, make as much noise as possible while at the V-E-T. Though I do tend to finally surrender to the torture while I'm on the table. Catzee on the other hand, hissed a lot.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Frodo said...

Wow, I don't know anything about that but I will keep my ears peeled. Let us know what they find out. Thinking of you my friend.

6:23 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

sounds like Merlin at the VET always wrapped up and muzzled and efferything 'cause he throws a royal fit ~The Fluffy Tribe

1:44 AM  
Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

Holy cat and I thought that Cha-ching was bad at the vet but now I know that Mom has it easy.

I don't know anything about the Cholesterol thing. Mommy said try Google. She swears by it when she needs to learn about something.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home