Monday, July 17, 2006

Hot

Hi efurryone! Sorry we haven't posted lately, it's just been hot, so we haven't been doin' much other than tryin' to keep cool. The ghost has been quiet lately, hmmm - maybe they get hot too...

There is one of us who LOVES the heat, so we're gonna let Mystery talk a little 'bout goin' outside. (We bet she won't tell you that she tried to get away by doin' alligator rolls and that she clawed Mom and whipped her with her tail!)

Hi, Mystery here. It's been sooo nice outside, and I love to bask in the sun, so the Mom and Dad took me out a few days ago. I have to wear a silly harness thing, though, because I'm very fast when I want to be and I'd be out in those trees in a second. I'd love it, but then the Mom and Dad might not be able to find me (or get me out of a tree) and I'd get cold at night, so I put up with the harness. (I did try to escape, though. I couldn't help myself; those trees look like too much fun!)


Here I am plotting my escape attempt...

What happened was that I started to roll to get away from Mom and when she grabbed me, I was all squirmy. My claws aren't retractable, and when you have a tail as long as mine, if you're squirmy, it acts like a whip. (That is one of my defenses, but I didn't mean to get Mom, I just wanted to climb the trees!)

I hope you all keep cool while I enjoy the heat!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Mystery, mommy says you can come her and soak up all of our heats. she hates it.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

You are powerful scary looking. I bet your Momma never says no to you!

Patches Lady

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

We agree wif Patches Lady!! We're glad that the ghosties have been quiet. If they come back...y'all can come stay wif us again.
::purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

10:26 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

Mystery, what a wicked cool dude you am! I likes your leash. Momma says her friend from high school hadded an iguana that walked on a leash too. If you learn how to get out of that leash, teach me!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Rascal said...

Mystery you are very strange. I used to chase little skinks by our old house but you are stranger than them. Don't you get cold without any fur?

10:57 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Don't forget my birthday party! Starting in about an hour, bring drinks and snacks and nip (if you take it, I prefer shrimptinis myself)
Everyone is invited (although, given my age, I may retire frequently!). Paws up, charlie is in charge of the games, he says he got some ideas from recent parties.....[shakes perfect head] actually, for a snotrag he's done a good job!

pandora

3:28 PM  
Blogger Zeus said...

Mystery, you are so adorable that my human pet instantly said, "I wanna iguana!" You must be in heaven with the heat right now - perfect weather for you, yes?

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home