Monday, February 06, 2006

Thanks!... And Smeagol's Story

Hi effurybuddy! Thanks to you all for visitin' and the words of welcome! Special thanks to Oreo and Beau for the encouragement and puttin' the word out about our bloggie! We've been readin' lots of your bloggies for awhile but we're still learnin' how to get efurrything workin' here.

Smeagol:
I'm goin' to tell my story first, since I was here first (well Mystery was 'dopted first, but she's downstairs right now). Mom and Dad came to the shelter on New Year's Eve 2002 'cause their kitty Smokey (more about him later) had gone to the Rainbow Bridge a few days before and they were really sad. They knew they could never replace him, but they were hopin' that they could help another kitty who needed a home. I saw them walkin' by and I could tell they were sad, so I reached through the cage at them and talked to them lots! I was only 8 months old and my name then was Peppy, which was okay (and it really fit me),but I had such big eyes and liked to creep around, so Mom and Dad decided to call me Smeagol. (Sometimes they call me Gollum, like when I go to the v-e-t!)

When we got home, I saw that Mom and Dad still had a tree inside their house! I had so much fun climbin' it, runnin' up and down the stairs and climbin' the bannister (I wouldn't let them get a picture of me doin' that, incriminatin' evidence y'know) that I knew I was home for good!
A week later they tooked me to the v-e-t to get nootered and left me overnight! Mom was afraid I'd think they were givin' me back to the shelter, but I knew they'd be back for me. (Not that I was happy about the nootering).

I had about a year and a half of peace, then Strider showed up. I'll let him tell you his story in the next post...



12 Comments:

Blogger Spock said...

The prcious...they stole it from us...That's Mom's favorite Smeagol line! I sure am glad you got their attention at the shelter, cause I might never have had a new bloggin buddy if you hadn't!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Welcome to the blog world!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hi Smeagol,

Welcome to the gang. Mum isn't into the Rings stuff. I got 'dopted too as I kept sticking my paw out. Like, "pick me" get their attention.

Glad you have a nice furevery home.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Glad to meet ya!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Hi! I caught my Mom through the cage, too. It was my first doption fair, so I dopted her. I don't meow loud, so I purred loud instead. Welcome ablog.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

Welcome Smeagol! Mum says that Lord of the Rings are some of her favorite movies. We like them too because she sits still for a long time while watching and that means lap time. Post pictures when you can!

Firenze

8:19 AM  
Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

DaD prefers the line when Sam challenges Gollum about his sneaking around. Gollum acts all defensive, but when Sam apologizes and asks what he was doing, Gollum says sneaking. If that is not catlike I do not know what is.

BTW, We adopted Bella for the same reason. Once you get used to having a certain number of cats, it seems too empty when you lose one.

9:58 AM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi dudes...

Charlie here, saying hello!

Come visit me and Pandora when you have time.......we have linked you already, cos Beau's Mom told us about you....

charlie

11:51 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

It am so wonderful to find your furrever home!

12:05 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

My Mommy was gonna 'dopt one of my real and true brofers, but he was hiding when she came to get him, so, I 'acided that I wanted to be 'dopted and I marched right up to her and climbed her leg. I was about 5 weeks old, and our kitty mom gotted sick and had to go to the V-E-T for a few days. The V-E-T said we were ok to be 'dopted by purrsons even though we were little.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Hi guys! Welcome to the blogs of cats. We just started in January too. Come by and join the Paw Portrait contest - it's gonna be lots of fun!

In my first house I had a giant lizard too! His name was Milpo and he would slap me wif his tale when I tried to get him to play wif me.

Buddy

3:05 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Hi there. I like your new blog. I was a rescue kitty as well. I have to admit that when my mum came looking for a kitty, I was fast asleep and I never woke up the whole time! But my sister woke up and started purring and licking my mum, so she got both of us adopted...lucky for me eh?

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home